Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nicole's Room "Re-made"

Okay, this remodel project was completed a year ago . . . Naomi wanted to see it and talked me through finding the pictures to post. I'm glad she did. I am actually in the process of deciding what to do with my two girls. I am going to try putting them together in my guest bedroom so I have the painter coming to give me a quote on fixing the wall paper (original to the house which is 20+ years old) in the bathroom off of the room. I am really excited to see what we can do. I am looking for inspiration from anyone who knows anything about decorating with a budget!
The pictures below show what my good friend Shelley talked me into trying. She found some amazing furniture at a garage sale and then helped me with every drop of paint and direction needed to transform it into the lovely dresser, mirror and headboard you see. Thank you Shelley!

I found the great bedding at my favorite store--Target! I bought the queen size the minute it went on clearance so that I could use it for the bigger bed when the girls share a room.

Refinishing furniture has always been completely overwhelming. It wasn't as bad as I thought and has given me confidence to try again . . . maybe. I definitely don't underestimate how much help I got for this project.

If you look closely you can see David in the mirror watching the whole photo shoot.

2 comments:

Sandra Davis said...

So if you want to save money and rip down the wallpaper yourself.....use some stuff called Pirhanna! You just score the wallpaper(little holes), then spray that stuff all over it, let it sit for a bit and it comes off in big strips!! That's what we did when we redid our bathroom!! I need to post some pics of that! :)

The Bright Family said...

looks good! :) I'm redoing Cami's room this summer--you help me I'll help you?!? But I do believe you should hire someone for the wallpaper removal--remember that Boerne house?! ugh!!